Creamy Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole is made with an easy homemade mushroom soup. This tasty recipe is made and served in the same skillet!
Today I whipped up some home cooking comfort food for you, so grab a plate!
This cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole in an attempt to get my cooking in mass skills up to par.
See, my boy will be home soon!!
Another semester is just about to be complete, so my son will be home for the summer! It’s going to be so nice to have him back in the house. I miss everyday conversations with him and hearing the sound of his voice.
I suppose I’ve gotten used to the one liner texts. Me: Hey, what’s going on this weekend? Him: Not much.
He rarely calls to talk, but he did call me on Mother’s Day (so glad I missed his text! Lol). We chatted about his schedule for next semester, and his hunt for a new place to live when we goes back after the summer break. As we rolled into the bye phase, he let me know that he can’t wait to come home …. to EAT!
He goes on to say that he is ALWAYS hungry. Wait. He didn’t say hungry, he said STARVING. “I’m always starving!”
I went straight to the same panic mode that I felt when he was living in the dorm 3000 miles away and lost his student ID which was his meal ticket (so glad he’s back in CA). He hasn’t been home since Easter, so I’m certain the snacks I loaded him up with are long gone!
When you’re on your own, prepared food just doesn’t appear like it does at home. But, GAWHH don’t tell your mother that you are starving. EVER.
After we hung up I told my daughter who was over for the day, and my husband about his starvation comment.
My husband said, “Yep! That’s college life!”
My daughter said, “I’m going to put together a cookbook with 101 ways to make Top Ramen into meals for him, and then she said, “Tell him to stop spending money on booze and buy food!”
I love my family.
- 1 head broccoli florets steamed
- 1- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 skinless chicken breasts season with kosher salt
- 1 large shallot diced
- Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese cheddar or a mix
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat broiler.
- Prepare broccoli by steaming them on the stovetop or microwave for 4 minutes on high in a covered dish with a couple of tablespoons of water and set aside when done.
- Prepare Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup and set aside.
- Heat large ovenproof skilled over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to pan and coat bottom of skillet. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes. Turn over and cook another 4 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool slightly before chopping them in bite size pieces.
- Sauté shallot in skillet (add last 1/2 tablespoon of oil if necessary) for 1 minute. Toss in chicken pieces. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and shallot is fragrant.
- Add mushroom soup to skillet and stir until bubbly. Fold in broccoli and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with cheeses and broil until melted (about 2 minutes).
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.