What do you do with bananas that no one wants to eat because they’re a little too soft and start to turn brown? I usually freeze them and put them in my smoothies or make banana bread out of them. It always makes me feel good when I don’t throw away food and we eat exactly what we buy.
Even with those good intentions, I found myself with leftover banana bread that was sitting uneaten for a little too long, which is how Banana Bread French Toast Bites came about. A quick breakfast with delicious results, and no leftovers! Success 🙂
Banana Bread French Toast Bites
- Leftover banana bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut bread into 2 inch pieces and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Over medium-low heat, add butter to a skillet or griddle.
- Coat bread pieces with egg mixture and place on heated pan. Cook for about a minute or until the bread is golden brown, then turn to cook the second side.
- Serve hot with your favorite topping.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
I’m also imaging these bites as a dessert. How about adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream with some Dulce de Leche topping!
You might also want to turn these into French Toast & Fruit Kabobs for a brunch ideas.
I love weekends when I don’t have to be anywhere and I can sleep in late! Those are the days I enjoy making breakfast and sipping on several cups of coffee. What is your ideal weekend schedule?