Strawberry Spinach Pasta Salad with light poppy seed dressing! Filled with fruit and veggies making this a great dish to share at a potluck or cookout!
Strawberry Spinach Salad With Pasta
This pasta salad has a very light dressing that coats all the ingredients with just the right amount of flavor!
It’s a perfect dish to bring to an outdoor event because it can be packed up and left for several hours without refrigeration.
There aren’t any dairy ingredients in this recipe like mayonnaise that should be kept cool.
Poppy Seed Dressing
I tripled this homemade poppy seed dressing that I toss with a simple green salad with fruit. The nutty poppy seeds folded into the dressing tastes delicious with the pasta, Popeye’s kryptonite and strawberries!
This tastes best when you coat all the ingredients and eat it soon after, but if you have leftovers the next day the pasta will soak up most of the dressing, so you might want to whisk together another batch to bring the salad back to life!
For any of you that try to sneak in extra veggies in your diet, you’ll be glad to know that this Strawberry Spinach Pasta Salad is the perfect vessel for that!
Since the spinach is sliced up it looks like lettuce, and for some spinach veggie hating folks that seems to be easier to accept!
Great pasta salad for a crowd!
Since the strawberries are fresh in this recipe, you’ll want to eat this as soon as possible, which makes this the ideal pasta salad to share at at bbq or any fun gathering.
This recipe is easy to put together and can be at room temperature for hours!
When sharing with a crowd serve with one of these tasty recipes:
- Bloody May Flank Steak Marinade – West Via Midwest
- Spicy Lemon Chicken Kabobs – Taste of Home
- Pork Tenderloin on the Grill – Bowl Me Over
Strawberry Spinach Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. bow tie pasta cooked
- 3 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1 lb. strawberries sliced
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- 3/4 cup raspberry vinegar or cider
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 3 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Cook pasta according to Brand’s directions and cool
- In a small saucepan add water, vinegar, honey, olive oil, cornstarch, salt, onion powder, mustard powder and poppy seeds. Bring ingredients just to a boil whisking constantly. Remove form heat when desired consistency is reached (no more than 30 seconds). Let cool.
- In a large bowl toss together pasta, spinach and strawberries . Add cooled dressing and fold over all ingredients. Enjoy!
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.