Cauliflower Sandwich With Cheddar Cheese And Pears
Open faced cauliflower sandwich with cheddar cheese melted over slices of pears and honey mustard! Thick slices of cauliflower are roasted with smoky paprika and mustard spices adding delicious flavor to this hearty and satisfy vegetarian sandwich!
Cauliflower Sandwich Open Faced
This sandwich tastes so much better than I expected, so of course I had to share it with you!
I have to tell you right away that although this may not be the prettiest looking sammie it sure does make up for it’s looks in flavor!
I needed to use up a head of cauliflower that has been hogging all the space in my vegetable drawer.
So while searching for some inspiration I came across this Roasted Cauliflower Melt.
The flavors sounded so interesting and something I would see at a fancy-dancy vegetarian restaurants in town. It’s excellent!
The recipe says that it is enough for four servings, but I made two open face sandwiches, riced the florets that didn’t fit on one baking sheet.
Sam ate the rest of the roasted cauliflower!
Best Tasting Roasted Cauliflower
That kid is alway hungry – always! Alan and I just ate our cauliflower cheddar melts when Sam came into the kitchen starving!
Since there was plenty of cauliflower I suggested a melt, but he looked at the veggies and said, “nawh, I’ll pass”
Not a second later I suggested tossing an egg on top with the cheese and he immediately perked up!
“Yeah, I’m down!” He devoured the rest of the veggies and now I wish I would have not said a word so I would have leftovers – haha!
Cauliflower Sandwich Open Faced
- 1 head cauliflower core cute and sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoky paprika
- 2 teaspoons mustard dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-4 slices bread
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- 2 pears sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil. paprika, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place cauliflower on a baking sheet and brush oil mix over the slices. Roast for 10 minutes. Flip over and coat with remaining oil and continue to roast for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Butter one side of the bread and place it on a skillet, medium heat. Add honey mustard
- cheddar cheese (2-3 tablespoons) cauliflower slices, sliced pears until cheese has melted and the bottom slice of bread is toasted. Remove from skilled and put on a baking sheet. Top with additional cheese and broil in the oven until melted. Serve immediately.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
What a great meatless meal! I am always looking for ideas like this! YUM!
Oh, what a great idea for a melt! I just love roasted cauliflower, so I can only imagine how delicious this. 🙂 Great idea!
Such a clever sandwich. The pear sounds like it just makes it too.
Brilliant! I had never thought to put cauliflower on a sandwich. You are brilliant. I am doing it.
Nice!! I would probably swap the veggie for chicken but I love the idea! Perfect for my vegan friends
Um. Yum! Flavour over looks ANY day of the week is my motto haha. What a great way to use up leftover cauliflower!
Oh my, just look at those photos! The melt is to die for. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!
Oh yes! I love cauliflower cheese and cheese toasties so I simply have to make this!
Yumm!! This is so mouth-watering, bookmarking this recipe!!