Shredded Chicken with honey and garlic is a healthier version of the popular Chinese dish. The chicken is baked instead of fried and then coated in a flavorful ginger, honey and garlic sauce.
One of my most popular chicken dishes on my site is this Shredded BBQ Chicken Crockpot Recipe.
Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that recipe would get as many hits as it has.
Everyday it’s been in my top two viewed recipes since I posted it back in September (2013). Maybe that recipe was my lucky viral break!
I’m perfectly fine with that and as long as the wave is still going, I’m happy to ride it!
As good and simple as that recipe is, I think THIS Honey Garlic Shredded Chicken may be better and takes no time to make as well.
Skinless chicken breasts are one of the quickest meats to cook.
We eat it often, so I’m always tweaking spices and sauces so that it’s not bland.
This is one of those dishes that you’ll want to put away after everyone is served otherwise it’ll get picked at until it’s all gone!
The ingredients for this recipe are probably stocked in your pantry, so it’s super easy to mix up.
Do you use hoisin sauce for a quick stir-fry and glaze? It’s great for dipping veggies in it too!
Finger licking good chicken, except you’ll be using a utensil to eat this, so your fork will get a good cleaning instead of your fingers! 😉
Honey Garlic Shredded Chicken
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts skinless
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic and chili flakes.
- Place chicken in a 9″ x 13″ baking pan and pour sauce on top. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove cooked chicken from pan and shred with two forks. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water making a slurry. Set aside.
- Put the liquid from the chicken in a small saucepan and bring to a slight boil over medium-high heat. Add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened. Pour sauce over shredded chicken and mix until all pieces are coated with the sauce.
- Serve with rice and additional toppings (sesame seeds, chopped greed onions or cilantro).
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Don’t forget to try my Sticky Rice recipe!