Chocolate Chip S’mores Skillet Cookie
Decadent dessert that is sure to please a crowd! Chocolate Chip S’mores Skillet Cookie has a base chocolate chip cookie dough, then topped with all your favorite ingredients for s’mores; chocolate candy, marshmallow and graham crackers.
My niece and nephews are visiting! Actually they’re over at my parent’s house, but they all came over our house before going to my daughter’s roller derby game!
My kids were my folk’s only grandkids for about 13 years and we were really wondering if any of our siblings would have any children! Our family has grown perfectly, just as it was intended and I just enjoy the heck out of being an Aunt.
I invited the family over for dinner before heading to the game, but I kept it super simple. We grilled brats and hot dogs. I bought prepared potato salad and cut up a fresh watermelon.
But dessert was a different story! I’m certain each of my nephews and niece inherited my sweet tooth. We think of dessert before “real” food and even if we are feeling satisfied, the dessert stomach is fully operational anytime: day or night!
I had this giant cookie hidden away, but when I brought it out, I was surrounded by little people! I recommend taking the time to measure each slice because kids know if one piece is a millimeter larger than the others.
I could see thoughts going through one of my nephews face, “Dang! I got the small piece!” So I told him, “Dude, it’s mandatory that you have seconds at my house, so finish that and you can have more!“
He was back in record time and says, “Aunt Sandra, this was really good! Can I have the recipe?!” What 10 year old asks for a recipe?! haha, so cute!
I asked him if he was ready for his second piece and shortly after the rest of the crew followed and I let them have at it!
Chocolate Chip S’mores Skillet Cookie
- 1 stick of butter 8 tablespoons, unsalted and softened, Plus 2 tablespoons for greasing skillet
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 graham crackers broken in pieces
- 2 Hershey Chocolate bars broken in pieces
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cast iron or oven proof 9-inch skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter. Be sure to also grease the sides. Set pan aside.
- For S'mores topping, combine broken graham crackers, chocolate bar and 1 cup of mini marshmallow (the remaining 1/2 cup of marshmallow will be used to top the cookie. Hold aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter, granulated and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate medium size bowl, whisk together flours, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup mini marshmallows. Press on the bottom of the prepared skillet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cookie is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and top with prepared S'mores topping. Add the last 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows to the top and broil until lightly browned. WATCH CAREFULLY.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving. Skillet is extremely hot.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
This s’mores cookie is genius, I would eat it straight from the skillet 😀
Choc Chip Uru
It takes a lot of restraint to cut and serve these instead of digging in with a fork 🙂
I could easily add my son’s little hands to these ones. He would have exactly the same reaction! Delicious!
Aren’t kids funny! lol Gotta love their thought process.
This looks naughtier than any magazines and videos you might find behind the curtain at the Video/Book Store! 😉
haha! Yeah, letting the wild side go crazy!!
Ha ha I love the photo where they are fighting to get a slice. This is very delicious and my sons will surely love this. I just have to try make one. I gave you 5 stars.
Thanks! I appreciate that. Yeah, my niece and nephews made sure they would get another piece! haha
Some things must be pinned. This is one of them. I’m pulling up my Pinterest now. 🙂
Thank you!! That’s so awesome of you 🙂
The chocolate chip smores cookie skillet looks tempting and delicious.. Ummm, why dnt u pass a piece here!!
Consider it done 😉
Thanks, Stephen! It’s a pretty decadent dessert 🙂
Super fun and simple to make! p.s. I’ve missed you!
This recipe looks delicious! Definitely something that I would try at home!
It’s a snap to make, but I recommend sharing 😉
Oh my goodness. That looks amazing! Thanks for the recipe!
Hi Mistee! You’re so welcome!!
I want to come to your house!! Skillet cookies that taste like smores, roller derby…FUN!
That giant cookie was pretty much the hit with the kids and roller derby is super fun to watch!!
Oh my! We JUST had something very similar this past week at Walt Disney World, Florida. It was so decadent and delicious. I don’t know who loved it more… my daughter or myself! Thanks for sharing! Pinning and stumbling now! 🙂
Thanks for the love, Ronda! Well if they are selling something similar at Disney, then you know this is a hit! 🙂
How fun is this. I can see the kids enjoying this in the backyard during a warm summer night. They would be in heaven.
The kids loved this! It would be fun to have a backyard camp with a tent and cookie s’mores!
Looks like it would be great for a campfire, too!
Ahh, yes! That’s a great idea.
My kids love s’mores and love cookie cakes so they would love this recipe!
It’s such a fun treat! Thanks for stopping by Terri!
My niece loves s’mores and I am sure she will love this skillet cookie!
It would be a fun recipe to make together!
This looks delicious, I really don’t know what else to say other than I want to eat it now.
lol! Makes you want to jump in right? Thanks 🙂
I saw this on Pinterest a while ago and have been meaning to try it for myself! It looks so yummy!
Here’s another reminder! Try it! It’s delicious!
This would be so dangerous in our house.. that looks so good!
Yeah, I hear ya! It’s a fun treat that doesn’t take long to disappear 🙂
That looks just plain amazing! My daughter would love this.
Thank you, Debra! This s’more is definitely kid approved!
Wow! Not that’s a great recipe! I love smores! Who doesn’t? This is a great party food!
S’mores are so fun. Completely reminds me of summer fun…and parties 🙂
Holy cow!! That sounds AH-MAZING. I want one right now.