Blackberry Yogurt Muffins with a light glaze are moist and flavorful. Delicious choice for breakfast or brunch.
Yogurt Muffins With Blackberries
These gorgeous fresh blackberries were on sale at my grocery store, and since I love a good bargain, I had to stock up on them.
I thought about making a batch of my blackberry margaritas, but after unpacking groceries, it was only 10:30 in the morning, not a time I usually break out the tequila 🙂
Instead, I made these Blackberry Yogurt Muffins and they were delicious!
Healthy Yogurt Muffins
I healthified (that really should be a legitimate word!) the muffins just a little by adding part whole wheat, yogurt for the moisture content and boost in protein.
Plus fresh berries, one of the best natural antioxidants ever!
These yogurt muffins are not too sweet, but they still taste like a treat, especially with the glaze added to them.
I made these for my co-workers as a welcome home treat. See, our office has been going under building renovations, so some of the staff was relocated to a different site.
A skeleton crew was left behind, which included me, so for 3 or so months now my taste testers were on the other side of town!
I think my co-workers are happy to be back sampling my treats as well because the muffins sure didn’t last long!
More Fresh Blackberry Recipes
You also might love these recipes!
- Blackberry Banana Smoothie – Full of nutritious antioxidants. This smoothie is a quick and easy pre or post workout beverage.
- Fresh Berry Sauce – Add to plain yogurt, pour over pancakes or waffles
- Lemon Blackberry Bread – Easy quick bread recipe.
Learn how to keep berries fresh longer by trying a vinegar water wash!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 taspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (plain, I used 0% Fage)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries (cut in half and lightly tossed in a tablespoon of flour)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries for puree
- Yogurt Glaze
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt, plain
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons blackberry puree
Nutrition Information:Yield: 17 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 5g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.