Blackberry Yogurt Muffins with a light glaze are moist and flavorful. Delicious choice for breakfast or brunch.
Yogurt Muffins With Blackberries
These gorgeous fresh blackberries were on sale at my grocery store, and since I love a good bargain, I had to stock up on them.
I thought about making a batch of my blackberry margaritas, but after unpacking groceries, it was only 10:30 in the morning, not a time I usually break out the tequila 🙂
Instead, I made these Blackberry Yogurt Muffins and they were delicious!
Healthy Yogurt Muffins
I healthified (that really should be a legitimate word!) the muffins just a little by adding part whole wheat, yogurt for the moisture content and boost in protein.
Plus fresh berries, one of the best natural antioxidants ever!
These yogurt muffins are not too sweet, but they still taste like a treat, especially with the glaze added to them.
I made these for my co-workers as a welcome home treat. See, our office has been going under building renovations, so some of the staff was relocated to a different site.
A skeleton crew was left behind, which included me, so for 3 or so months now my taste testers were on the other side of town!
I think my co-workers are happy to be back sampling my treats as well because the muffins sure didn’t last long!
More Fresh Blackberry Recipes
You also might love these recipes!
- Blackberry Banana Smoothie – Full of nutritious antioxidants. This smoothie is a quick and easy pre or post workout beverage.
- Fresh Berry Sauce – Add to plain yogurt, pour over pancakes or waffles
- Lemon Blackberry Bread – Easy quick bread recipe.
Learn how to keep berries fresh longer by trying a vinegar water wash!
Blackberry Yogurt Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 taspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt plain, I used 0% Fage
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries cut in half and lightly tossed in a tablespoon of flour
- 1 cup fresh blackberries for puree
- Yogurt Glaze
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt plain
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons blackberry puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two muffin pans with paper muffin cups. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flours, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Form a well in the dry mixture ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix until moistened (do not over mix).
- In a small bowl, toss the blackberries with 1-2 teaspoons of flour, lightly dusting the fruit. Fold into the batter.
- Place muffin batter into prepared muffin cups and bake until toothpick comes out clean (17-20 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool sightly before removing from the muffin pan. Continue to cool on rack.
- For GLAZE
- Puree 1 cup of blackberries in a blender or food processor for about 1 minute. Remove and strain with a small holed sieve, leaving behind the seeds. Reserve two tablespoons of the puree for the glaze.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, Greek Yogurt, vanilla and blackberry puree.
- Drizzle over cooled muffins.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.