Decadent dessert that is sure to please a crowd! Chocolate Chip S’mores Skillet Cookie has a base chocolate chip cookie dough, then topped with all your favorite ingredients for s’mores; chocolate candy, marshmallow and graham crackers.
My niece and nephews are visiting! Actually they’re over at my parent’s house, but they all came over our house before going to my daughter’s roller derby game!
My kids were my folk’s only grandkids for about 13 years and we were really wondering if any of our siblings would have any children! Our family has grown perfectly, just as it was intended and I just enjoy the heck out of being an Aunt.
I invited the family over for dinner before heading to the game, but I kept it super simple. We grilled brats and hot dogs. I bought prepared potato salad and cut up a fresh watermelon.
But dessert was a different story! I’m certain each of my nephews and niece inherited my sweet tooth. We think of dessert before “real” food and even if we are feeling satisfied, the dessert stomach is fully operational anytime: day or night!
I had this giant cookie hidden away, but when I brought it out, I was surrounded by little people! I recommend taking the time to measure each slice because kids know if one piece is a millimeter larger than the others.
I could see thoughts going through one of my nephews face, “Dang! I got the small piece!” So I told him, “Dude, it’s mandatory that you have seconds at my house, so finish that and you can have more!”
He was back in record time and says, “Aunt Sandra, this was really good! Can I have the recipe?!” What 10 year old asks for a recipe?! haha, so cute!
I asked him if he was ready for his second piece and shortly after the rest of the crew followed and I let them have at it!
- 1 stick of butter (8 tablespoons), unsalted and softened, Plus 2 tablespoons for greasing skillet
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- S'MORES TOPPING
- 3 graham crackers, broken in pieces
- 2 Hershey Chocolate bars, broken in pieces
- 1½ cup mini marshmallows, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cast iron or oven proof 9-inch skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter. Be sure to also grease the sides. Set pan aside.
- For S'mores topping, combine broken graham crackers, chocolate bar and 1 cup of mini marshmallow (the remaining ½ cup of marshmallow will be used to top the cookie. Hold aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter, granulated and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate medium size bowl, whisk together flours, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips and ½ cup mini marshmallows. Press on the bottom of the prepared skillet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cookie is lightly browned. Remove from oven and top with prepared S'mores topping. Add the last ½ cup of mini marshmallows to the top and broil until lightly browned. WATCH CAREFULLY.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving. Skillet is extremely hot.