This sandwich is a flavorful combination of sweet strawberries roasted in balsamic vinegar with melted creamy brie cheese, and a punch of pungent and peppery tasting basil leaves.
This is not your ordinary sandwich! This Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese sammie belongs in a bistro that serves delicious tasting ingredients that aren’t so common, but why hunt down a restaurant when you can make this at home for a fraction of what it might cost going out! Plus, you can enjoy a glass of wine or some chilled bubbly with your feet propped up! Your tastebuds will be dancing with joy!
Remember that Balsamic Roasted Strawberry recipe I shared with you last week? Well, it has made a couple of more appearances on my table. It’s so darn good, easy to make, and hello, strawberries! Yeah, those delicious ruby red berries have been favored!
To be honest, sandwiches aren’t my go-to type of food to eat unless it’s heated like a patty melt is or saucy like a turkey meatball sub. I guess it’s warmth of the meal that I prefer or the gooey cheese that this sandwich is filled with! Did you hear that April is National Grilled Cheese Month?! Someone decided we should celebrate all month long, so I needed to make sure that I have something to celebrate with!
This sandwich is a pretty meal to serve and enjoy with friends or you can open face it on little baguette slices and dish up as an appetizer!
When was the last time you ate a grilled cheese sandwich?
Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- butter for grilling, room temperature
- Balsamic Roasted Strawberries
- 6-8 (6 ounces) slices brie cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Warn skillet on medium heat.
- Butter outside of bread and place on bread slices. On one side layer 3-4 slices of cheese. Top with 2 tablespoons of balsamic strawberry sauce and a tablespoon of basil. Top with the other slice of buttered bread.Cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese melts. Repeat with second sandwich. Slice and enjoy!