A filling and delicious meal, this Quinoa Salmon bowl was made with leftovers. Serve warm or cold and add a simple chimichurri sauce for extra flavor.
I’m giving myself a pat on the back for turning leftover baked salmon and quinoa into this lovely superfood meal. This is just what we need during the week, nutritious and quick meals!
My husband made a chimichurri sauce; a mix of cilantro, Italian parsley, olive oil, garlic and a small amount of crushed red pepper that we ate with flank steak last week, and long after it was gone, I kept thinking about wanting more!
The sauce is so delicious, you’ll want to eat it by the spoonful. I kept adding it to everything, and when I tossed these ingredients together, I knew an extra kick of flavor would be perfect, so I made more sauce for this dish.
Leftover salmon and quinoa would usually end up in my salad for lunch, but this was wild caught salmon (not cheap right now), so stretching the cost into another meal was wise. The sauce combined with leftovers went straight to gourmet meal status!
Quinoa Salmon Bowl
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cooked salmon flaked
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tomato seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley packed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro packed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium bowl combine quinoa, salmon, feta, cilantro, tomatoes and toss together.
- In a food processor or blender pulse chimichurri sauce ingredients; parsley, cilantro, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt and crushed red peppers together. Serve along Quinoa Salmon bowl and add for additional flavor.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
Chimichurri Sauce adapted from Epicurious.