Simple Italian sausage rigatoni pasta dish is a quick tasty 30 minute meal the whole family will love!
Italian Sausage Rigatoni
Do you have a grocery shopping schedule? I’ve never been the type that can shop once a month, or even once a week.
I hit up the grocery store at least a couple of times a week, and it’s absolutely my least favorite thing to do.
Most days I will shop right after work, which is probably the worse time to tackle shopping!
Everyone is in a rush to get ingredients for their evening meal, and the stores NEVER have enough cashiers during that time. Like EVER.
Also, when I’m ready to check out I always remember that I need something that happens to be on the complete opposite side from where I’m standing in the store!
Do you feel my pain? It’s for real.
Those are the evenings I’m so tempted to order take-out instead of putting something together from the groceries just purchased!
If you can relate, resist the urge!
This dish is super easy to make and perfect for those evenings when you have absolutely no energy or imagination to cook.
AND it will be done sooner then having pizza delivered!
Add spicy or mild sausage, the type your family enjoys.
For this dish I used an Italian sausage that was seasoned with red peppers and caramelized onions.
Delicious. Leftovers would be fantastic!
Italian Sausage Rigatoni
- 1 pound Italian sausage I used sausage with red peppers and caramelized onions
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 15 lunch can diced tomatoes Italian-Style
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 12 ounce package rigatoni pasta cooked according to package directions
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large skillet cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until sausage is fully cooked (no pink should be present). While cooking sausage prepare pasta according to packaged directions.
- Once sausage is cooked, drain grease and return skillet to stovetop.
- Add tomatoes with juice from the can and the dried basil. Reduce heat to low and cover cooking for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove skillet lid and stir in cream and olives. Add cooked pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese or add to individual plates.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.