Easy Halloween Spider Treats made from chocolate cups filled with peanut butter mousse and decorated with candy that are shaped like a spider! A fun and tasty way to spruce up a dessert party table!
Even when I’m not gung-ho on dressing up in scary or funny costume I’m always up for the task to make fun treats for Halloween!
Have you seen those small chocolate cordial or dessert cups? They’re little empty shells that you can fill with whatever you want.
Little edible shot glasses are genius and Kahlua liqueur tastes scrumptious in them!
You can get super creative with the dessert cups too. Fill them with fruit, whipped cream or pudding for a bite size dessert.
Easy No-Bake Halloween Spider
I found a pack of the chocolate cups at Big Lots and have been saving them for just the right occasion.
Instead of filling them with shots of liqueur I made these cute Halloween spider treats.
For the filling I whipped up the same peanut butter mousse from this cake that I made.
Bite size chocolate and peanut butter mousse are pretty much the best combo EVER — you NEED to try these babies!
Treat ideas for Halloween
These little tasty spiders are easy to put together making it a great treat to share at a party.
The spider’s body are formed from malt balls, and I have them sitting on jimmies that cover the mousse.
Decorating gel makes the gooey red eyes and the legs are piped from melted chocolate. Super easy and fun to assemble!
You also might want to add these sweets to your party menu!
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from A Pumpkin & A Princess
- Chocolate Monster Cookies from Self Proclaimed Foodie
- Pumpkin Mousse Trifle from Country Living
Hmmm, I wonder if I still have my witches hat and wig stashed in the holiday bin?! Tell me what costume is popular this year!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Spider Treats
- 12 chocolate cordial or dessert cups
- 25 chocolate malt balls
- red decorating gel
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 6 ounce heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter Mousse
- In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form and set aside. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and cream cheese together until well combined. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Fold in whipped cream and refrigerate before assembling spiders.
- Assemble Spiders
- Put peanut butter mousse in a piping bag or make one using a ziplock bag. Pipe into empty chocolate cups. Sprinkle chocolate jimmies over top of mousse. Place two malt balls on top. Melt chocolate in the microwave or stove top until creamy and smooth. Cool slightly and put in a piping bag or use a small sandwich bag and snip the corner. Pipe legs (3 each side) from the center of where the two malt balls meet (the spider’s body). Let cool and harden. Add red eyes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.