Chocolate Dipped Oranges are a citrus and chocolate lovers delight! Dip each orange segment into a pool of creamy chocolate or dunk a whole clementine!
This time of year you will see a lot of strawberries dipped in chocolate. That combination has become a favorite for Valentine’s day celebrations. I love the decadent treat, but I know there are a lot of folks that don’t care for strawberries.
Actually, I know one person…my husband! I’m not sure why after 28 years of marriage I’m just realizing this fact, but it’s true, he’s not a strawberry fan. What’s not to like? I can only imagine that his palate was tainted with berries that were picked too early. The ones that arrive tasteless, and he hasn’t recovered from the trauma! It happens.
So no strawberries for him, instead I tickled his tastebuds with citrus dipped in chocolate! I picked up naval and blood oranges as well as little cutie clementines, peeling each piece and removing as much as the pith as possible, and then dipping them in chocolate.
I even tried to dip each piece of the clementine, but those itty-bitty slices are too small to get a nice coat of chocolate, so I dunked it whole. That was a fantastic idea and a fun way to eat a clementine! Once coated in chocolate it looks like a mini chocolate covered donut! It breaks apart like Terry’s Chocolate Orange balls, except the inside is real orange not flavored oil!
I used Ghirardelli’s candy making & dipping wafer, but you can also try my Homemade Magic Shell recipe. Just get the orange slices super cold before dipping in the magic shell!
Chocolate Dipped Oranges
- 6 ounces Dark Melting Wafers
- Orange Segments blood orange, naval or clementines
- Parchment paper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Melting Chocolate on the stove
- Place chocolate wafer in a double boiler over low heat. Stir until smooth and melted.
Melting Chocolate Chocolate in the Microwave
- Place chocolate wafers in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on defrost for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat process until completely melted and smooth.
To Dip orange segments
- Dip each piece of orange segment in melted chocolate and set on prepared baking dish. Let cool and if desired sprinkle with chopped nuts or a touch of sea salt. Enjoy right away.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.