Rocky Road Bars made with a graham cracker crust, and then layered with chocolate, marshmallow creme and almonds! These treats seem to vanish before your eyes!
I made these Rocky Road Bars twice. I don’t know what happened to the first batch. I cut them up, put them in the refrigerator and before I knew it they vanished!
I’m pretty sure my son’s midnight snacking had something to do with it, which I would expect from any 18 year old, but I was a little surprised because these bars have almonds in them, and he says he doesn’t like nuts! Hummm! It must be the fudgy chocolate, marshmallow filling, and crunchy graham cracker crust that made these Rocky Road Bars irresistible and the nuts undetectable!
I rarely have store bought cookies or pastries stashed in our house. For some reason, I just don’t get a craving for any baked goods when I go grocery shopping.
The Keebler character starring at me with the cute “buy me” face doesn’t even entice me. This can be a terrible disservice when I do want something sweet, and I don’t have a go-to goodie cabinet to rely on (my savored Ghiradelli chocolate stash doesn’t count ;)). Sometimes ice cream will do the trick! I just grab a spoon and swoop up a bite. Chocolate chips are a good delectable sweet tooth fix too.
But now, thanks to Sarah from Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food, everything has changed. She teased me with the words, “Sweet and Cinch to make!”
She stands by her word.
- 8-10 graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups almonds toasted and chopped
- 1 cup marshmallow creme I used Fluff
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can 14 ounces condensed milk (I used low-fat…why not!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan which graham crackers (you may need to break them to fit snugly). Bake until crackers are lightly toasted (about 8 minutes). Remove from oven and spread almonds over the crackers. Dollop marshmallow cream over the nuts.
- Melt chocolate chips and condensed milk in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Pour over marshmallow cream. Spread quickly and swirl a knife throughout the chocolate. Refrigerate for about an hour. Cut into 18-24 pieces
In a hurry? Put your Rocky Road Bars in the freezer to speed up the setting time.
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
From Martha Stewart, Everyday Food, April 2011
No bake Rocky Road Bars are a quick, super-duper awesome treat that can be whipped up in no time, especially if you keep the ingredients regularly stocked in your house like I do!
This could be dangerous. Very dangerous : )