Refreshing Paloma Cocktail made with fresh grapefruit juice, blanco tequila, and club soda! A delicious adult beverage for your Cinco de Mayo festivities!
I’m starting Monday by sharing a Paloma cocktail that I make for Alan and me over the weekend! After running around like energizer bunnies taking care household chores, hitting up not one but two trips to the grocery store, and swooshing the cats off the kitchen counters for the 100th time we were wiped out!
Speaking of animals, do you ever wonder what they do when you’re not around and they have free reign of the house?! Our cats certainly act like WE are a nuisance when we resort to yelling and chasing them out of the kitchen! I seriously think they are going through their crazy teen years!
This Paloma Cocktail is the perfect beverage to chillax with. I used fresh grapefruit and lime juice and sweetened it with some simple syrup that I keep in the refrigerator, and then topped it with club soda! You can also purchase prepared grapefruit soda or if you have access to a Latin grocery store you might want to get the authentic Jarritos Grapefruit Soda.
The real deal soda is too sweet for my preference, and nothing tastes better than real juice in my opinion, especially when you can buy it freshly squeezed at Trader Joe’s! Enjoy a Paloma Cocktail for Cinco de Mayo!
- ¼ cup grapefruit juice, unsweetened
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 ounce100% agave tequila (blanco)
- simple syrup to taste
- ¼ cup club soda
- Kosher salt to rim glass (optional)
- grapefruit wedge for garnish
- Rub the rim of the glass with a grapefruit wedge and dip rim of glass on a plate of salt.
- Add ice to glass. Pout grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila, and sweetener in glass. Pop with club soda. Stir and garnish with a grapefruit wedge.