Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese

Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUponShare on YummlyShare on RedditEmail this to someone

This sandwich is a flavorful combination of sweet strawberries roasted in balsamic vinegar with melted creamy brie cheese, and a punch of pungent and peppery tasting basil leaves.

Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich - The Foodie Affair

This is not your ordinary sandwich! This Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese sammie belongs in a bistro that serves delicious tasting ingredients that aren’t so common, but why hunt down a restaurant when you can make this at home for a fraction of what it might cost going out! Plus, you can enjoy a glass of wine or some chilled bubbly with your feet propped up! Your tastebuds will be dancing with joy!

Remember that Balsamic Roasted Strawberry recipe I shared with you last week? Well, it has made a couple of more appearances on my table. It’s so darn good, easy to make, and hello, strawberries! Yeah, those delicious ruby red berries have been favored!

Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich - The Foodie Affair

To be honest, sandwiches aren’t my go-to type of food to eat unless it’s heated like a patty melt is or saucy like a turkey meatball sub. I guess it’s warmth of the meal that I prefer or the gooey cheese that this sandwich is filled with! Did you hear that April is National Grilled Cheese Month?! Someone decided we should celebrate all month long, so I needed to make sure that I have something to celebrate with!

Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese - The Foodie Affair

This sandwich is a pretty meal to serve and enjoy with friends or you can open face it on little baguette slices and dish up as an appetizer!

When was the last time you ate a grilled cheese sandwich?

Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese - The Foodie Affair

Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • 4 slices sourdough bread
  • butter for grilling, room temperature
  • Balsamic Roasted Strawberries
  • 6-8 (6 ounces) slices brie cheese
  • 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Instructions
  1. Warn skillet on medium heat.
  2. Butter outside of bread and place on bread slices. On one side layer 3-4 slices of cheese. Top with 2 tablespoons of balsamic strawberry sauce and a tablespoon of basil. Top with the other slice of buttered bread.Cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese melts. Repeat with second sandwich. Slice and enjoy!

Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich - The Foodie Affair

TFA-Signature

Sandra @ The Foodie Affair

41 Comments on Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese

1. avatar
    Rachael says:
    April 22, 2015

Wow this looks so delicious! I love Brie with Strawberries. This is perfect!

2. avatar
    Norma Chang says:
    April 22, 2015

That looks sooooo good, unfortunately I would not be able to enjoy it. Staying off all cheese for now, may be allergic to rennet.

April 27, 2015

Oh, no Norma! Yes, figure out what you are allergic to, but I hope you can bring cheese back into your diet!

3. avatar
    Crystal says:
    April 22, 2015

Yum! I’ve never considered putting strawberries on a sandwich, but it totally makes sense considering that’s what jams are made of. It sounds delicious with the brie and balsamic.

April 27, 2015

This sandwich is definitely a special one. Different and tasty!

4. avatar
    Michelle F. says:
    April 22, 2015

That looks so good. What a unique way to eat grilled cheese.

Thank, Michelle! The first bite was a omg, yum moment 🙂

5. avatar
    LauraOinAK says:
    April 22, 2015

Wow! This looks like an amazing take on the traditional grilled cheese. It will be on my list for possible date night dishes as we try to do those mostly at home to save money.

April 27, 2015

Yes, turn this sandwich into an evening to remember, Laura!

6. avatar
    Michele says:
    April 23, 2015

Never heard of roasting strawberries before–hum—I actually had a grilled cheese sandwich when I was eating lunch out a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know why I don’t think to make one at home–they are really easy and delicious.

April 27, 2015

You gotta try roasting strawberries, Michele! The flavor is delicious! Grilled cheese always reminds me of my kids when they were little. I didn’t make this for them, but wish I would have 🙂

7. avatar
    April 23, 2015

This looks amazing and I am all for that sweet/savory combination of flavors. What a delicious sandwich!

April 27, 2015

Thanks, Renee! I love it when a simple sandwich gets a delicious makeover!

8. avatar
    Liz Mays says:
    April 23, 2015

That looks incredible and I pinned it. It’s strawberry season here, so I’ll be making this!

April 27, 2015

Hope you love this sandwich as much as I do, Liz! Thank you for pinning this recipe 🙂

9. avatar
    Debra says:
    April 23, 2015

Yum! This sounds so delicious!

10. avatar
    Julie says:
    April 23, 2015

I love brie! And this sandwich looks amazing. I agree, I much prefer a warm sandwich over a cold one.

April 27, 2015

Warm sammies feels hearty to me! Worth the prep effot!

April 27, 2015

I love strawberries, so I’m always dreaming of ways to eat them 🙂

11. avatar
    April 23, 2015

Yum, yum, yum! This looks amazing! It is lunch time now and I am going to go foraging for strawberries! 🙂

12. avatar
    Jaime says:
    April 23, 2015

This looks SINFULLY delicious!! Yum!

13. avatar
    GiGi Eats says:
    April 23, 2015

I wish I could try this, because I am so intrigued!

April 27, 2015

It’s a lovely combination, GiGi! I hope you taste for yourself!

14. avatar
    April 23, 2015

Oh my goodness I just want to do a face plant in your dish! This looks so good and a little sweet and a little bit savoury. Love that!

15. avatar
    Renee says:
    April 25, 2015

Oh my sweet goodness! These look amazing!!

16. avatar
    April 25, 2015

I’ve never had balsamic glazed strawberries, but this sandwich sounds too delicious to pass up. Plus, brie is a weakness. I usually don’t buy it too often otherwise, it’d be all that I’d eat. Can’t wait to try this sometime 😀

April 27, 2015

Oh, yes, I know what you mean. Gotta go easy on the brie, but when you do indulge, make it a memorable experience!

17. avatar
    Caitlin says:
    April 26, 2015

These look absolutely amazing! I will need to make this for sure!

April 27, 2015

Thanks, Caitlin! You do need to enjoy this sandwich soon!

18. avatar
    Mary Frances says:
    April 27, 2015

Yum! This looks fantastic! Your photos make me want to go on a picnic right now.

Leave me your thoughts