Posted by https://www.thefoodieaffair.com/maple-glazed-brussels-sprouts/
© 2018 The Foodie Affair. All rights reserved.
Maple Glazed Brussel Sprouts
This brussels sprouts recipe has a hint of sweetness and a pop of heat to give your tastebuds lots of flavor. Add this flavorful dish to any protein for a complete meal.
- 4 Tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed of loose leaves and halved through core
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Craisins
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add Brussels sprouts and cook until browned 6-8 minutes, making sure all the pieces get browned. Stir in broth, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, thyme and cayenne. Cover and turn heat to medium-low. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Uncover and increase heat to medium-high. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated (approximately 5 minutes). Turn off heat and still in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup, vinegar, and Craisins. Season with salt and pepper.
Craisins are dried cranberries. You may also use raisins or dried cherries.
TIP : to plump dried berries, cherries or raisins add to a small bowl of warm water and let sit for about 15 minutes.
Loading nutrition data...