I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award and I think it’s quite appropriate that I accept the award with these bacon roses that I found from Bacon Today (photo credit to them as well). Aren’t they fabulous?! Check out the website for everything bacon related (the bacon scented cat litter has to be a clever joke -haha)!! But the roses are no joke! Step by step instructions on how to make this bacon bouquet (yes, they’re eatable!) are on Instructables.
Now all bacon drooling and kidding aside, back to my award.
My acknowledgment and acceptance of this award is several weeks overdue!
Thank you, Deanna from Yearofhealthierliving for selecting The Foodie Affair for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Deanna’s blog is inspiring! Her blog is about her family’s quest to live a healthier life. She blogs about being more sustainable by reducing toxins with easy homemade solutions, and shares hers success with shopping at her local farmer’s market. She also offers gardening tips, recipes, and restaurant reviews. My favorite posts are the weekly meal plans and budget!
But that’s not all! I also received my second Versatile Blogger Award from Donna, the creator of The Sugared Pecan. Wow, I’m honored! Thank you Donna for including The Foodie Affair in your nomination list. Be sure to check out Donna’s blog. She just posted a mini tour and fabulous photo display of some of the restaurants, bistros, brewhouse, and bars she visited in New Orleans!
Being acknowledged by your peers is the best sunshiny, up in the clouds feeling for this very part-time fairly new blogger!! I love how the blogging community is so encouraging of each other. I look forward to seeing what everyone is up to, and enjoy getting to know you through your interests. It’s a big, big blog world! I’m completely in awe with the creative, humorous, thought provoking, and inspiring posts of bloggers.
Without further adieu, I humbly accept the Versatile Blogger Award!
Accepting the Versatile Blogger Award requires that
- I thank Deanna and Donna for passing on the award (see above)
- share 7 random things about myself
- forward the award on to 5, 7, or 15 bloggers (I’ve seen a variation on how many to forward). Several of my peers have received awards, and I don’t want them to be overwhelmed with accolades, so I say, forward the award to your liking!
- let the bloggers know that they have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by posting a comment on each of their blogs!
Seven Things About Me
- At age 5 my parents signed me up for dance class to help me overcome shyness, and it became a lifelong hobby.
- I’m an empathetic eye waterer; love stories, wandering lost pets, children stubbing their toes (tugs my heart), get the idea?
- for my first job, I was hired to be a tour guide of a wacky house (water flowed against gravity) at an amusement park.
- I believe that Food Network is nothing more than 24 hour food porn. Don’t be fooled.
- Bacon roses are happy food dance worthy — omg, who wouldn’t want those??! (even my vegetarian friends are tempted!).
- With over 20 years as a military dependent (could they give me a different title ?!) life taught me to bloom wherever you are planted!
- I ran my second half marathon for 2012 yesterday!!
Forwarding the Blog Love
- The Drunk Squash – Ashley’s blog was my inspiration for my own blog. Crafter, CSA supporter, great writer, cook, soon to be college graduate. I just witnessed her whip up a beautiful mirrored wall hanging that I hope she shares soon! Oh, she is also my incredible daughter!
- Sweet Samsations – Samantha’s sweet tooth inspires her to create some amazing treats worthy to be sold in a posh bakery. She was the inspiration for these cakes, and continues to challenge herself as a baker. Check out her Aspiring Bakers post!
- Katyarichkitchen – Katya blogs from Spain about travel and food. Her recipes have an international flare, and she writes in English, Portuguese and Spanish! Check out the beautiful snow in Spain from her recent ski trip.
- Once Upon A Recipe – I started to peek at Amanda’s blog just a month ago. She posts about once a week, and you don’t want to miss it. Her photos are beautiful! She just posted a recipe for homemade donuts, folks!
- Wine on My Mind – A blog with posts about some of my favorites; wine, coffee, margaritas, food, and did I mention wine?! Be sure to check out Faith’s online website for wine accessories.
Share the joy won’t you? If you swing by my nominees site, please let them know! We all appreciate comments and our readers (stats say I have a few, yeah )!