I want this
I miss my kitchen!
I’m reminiscing about the birthday pancakes I made for my husband a few weeks back.
We had a busy morning that day. How I wish I could turn back the clock and be enjoying a bite of these Oatmeal Banana Bread Pancakes.
I saw these healthy pancakes from Amanda’s blog, Once Upon a Recipe. The recipe is from Canadian Living, but it was Amanda’s photos and generous serving of peanut butter (my husband’s favorite pancake topping) that encouraged me to try the recipe.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats (large flake)
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- oil, butter or cooking spray for griddle
- In a large bowl, whack together dry ingredients; flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whack together wed ingredients; milk, eggs, bananas, butter and vanilla. Pour over dry mixture and stir until almost smooth. Let sit for 10 minutes (this is where the fluffy magic happens )
- Heat nonstick griddle or skillet to medium heat and add cooking spray, butter or oil to pan. Pour ⅓ cup of batter for each pancake and cook until bubbles break on top and underside is golden, Flip. Top with your favorite topping.
The birthday candle was inspired by Heather at Sugar Dish Me. She had sprinkles and candles for her little boy’s special birthday morning
We are wishing we would have finished every bite of those pancakes!
I think my kitchen will be ready for action in a few days! My recipe “must try” list is getting longer and longer! Have a great weekend!