Homemade Coffee Creamer

I love Saturdays; waking at my leisure, reading the paper, making breakfast, and enjoying several cups of COFFEE!  Coffee and I have been buddies since my college days. The caffine in coffee used to keep me awake so I could keep up with my reading, but I’m immune to the buzz now and it’s the flavor I enjoy day after day, especially on the weekends. I like to dress up my coffee with flavors. Vanilla and almond are my favorite, so those are the flavors I chose for my creamers. One recipes is a dry powdered creamer and the other a liquid creamer. Both Yummy!!

Homemade Powdered Creamer

• 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
  • 1 cup dry powdered milk
  • 1 teaspoon powdered vanilla
  • 1/3 cup xylitol OR 1/3 – 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put all ingredients in a blender. Mix into a fine powder. Store in an airtight container. I use a jelly mason jar. This recipe can easily be doubled. My blender doesn’t mix well with mass, so I make small batches.

Three ingredients for a liquid homemade creamer.

Homemade Liquid Creamer

• 1 1/2 cups of milk (your choice, my latest batch I made it from powdered milk by following the packaged directions)
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk (I use fat-free)
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract

Put all ingredients in a blender.  Mix until well incorporated.  Store it in the refrigerator.

I bought some oil and vinegar jars to store the creamer.  Looks so pretty when serving =)

Homemade liquid and powdered creamers can’t be any easier to make!  Give it a try =)

Posted in DIY, Drinks, Uncategorized Tagged with: , , , , ,
14 comments on “Homemade Coffee Creamer
  1. Simply Tia says:

Wow that was super easy! Thank you for sharing because I am definitely going to be using this. My hubby drinks coffee with cream/creamer often enough for me to want to find an alternative to those Baileys and CoffeeMate creamers he keeps picking up in the supermarket! The liquid one looks soooo delicious! Yum.

• You can try different flavorings to mix it up,and unlike some of the ingredients listed on store bought creamers, we actually know wheat we’re putting in our body! I see on so many products ingredients with “dextra…something or another”.

2. Marty says:

Thanks, I just made the liquid (good!) and am going to try the powdered version also. I was thinking ‘where am I going to get powdered vanilla?’ But I just found out that the Amish bulk food/spice store about 8 miles from me carries it!

• Sandra says:

Marty, I’m so glad you tried the creamer and found powdered vanilla! I use it quite a bit. The liquid version would probably work too. I see that you do a lot if canning, which is something I would like to do more of. Thanks for stopping by!

3. I am having a luncheon this Friday and making this for all the ladies. Thanks for sharing!

4. Kellie O. says:

So, how would I make just the plain powdered creamer? My husband doesn’t like the flavored versions…I do, but we mainly use the plain nestle coffee mate brand. Would love to make it cheaper! Thanks!

5. This is THE best powdered creamer ever!! I’ve been looking for a long time to replace that bad-for-you, chemical-laden, pretend creamer. You know which one I’m talking about. My son used to use that. I then found this. He loves it. I love it. I love that it’s full of good-for-you ingredients.

Thank you!!

• Sandra says:

I’m so glad to hear you’ve switched to making your own creamer. It is so easy to make, and you can easily pronounce the ingredients! No fillers here :)

6. Brenda says:

would love to know how to make pumpkin pie spice creamer (liquid)

• Sandra says:

Hi Brenda! Follow the directions for the plain original liquid recipe here and add 2 heaping teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice and 2 tablespoons of puréed pumpkin ( not pumpkin pie filling). Store in the refrigerator and give it a shake before using. Adjust spices to your preference. Enjoy!!

1 Pings/Trackbacks for "Homemade Coffee Creamer"
  1. [...] you tried my homemade creamer? It’s one of my recipes that gets viewed everyday, several times a day! No preservatives or [...]

Add Comment Register